Friday, July 24, 2009

Food Food and More Food


I love food. I love to read about it - and try to abstain from it at the same time. Food, as much as I love it, does not agree with my thighs. That is why I try to eat as healthy as possible. My new favorite dish is garlic string beans with marinated portobello mushrooms. Actually the portobello mushrooms are a new addition to the beans. It is a light dish that doesn't require a lot of ingredients or time.

Garlic String Beans

1 teaspoon olive oil
2 cups beans - cut into inch long beans
2 cloves of garlic chopped (more garlic can be added if you are a fan of it like me)
1 cup of water
2 teaspoons vegetable broth
1 steam of rosemary
some pepper
2 pinches of salt
a squeeze of 1/4 lemon

in a pan take oil - beans - garlic and rosemary and saute beans and garlic for about 3 minutes
once they are sauted take remaining ingredients and cook until water is gone

For the Portabello Mushroom

1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon of brown mustard

whip all ingredients together and marinate portobello mushroom for about 20 minutes
after it is marinated slice and cook until soft

add to stringbeans and viola - a simple tasty low fat meal

No comments:

Post a Comment